Having a home with tile floor can mean dirty feet, and constant sweeping.
Luckily, there are certain vacuums that are specifically designed for tile floors. Gone are the days of daily sweeping and dust bunnies, especially if you have pets. It's time to say hello to clean floors.
It's about time!
In this post, we are going to walk you through the top vacuums rated for tile and pets. We will show you the details of each vacuum, as well as the pros and cons of each model.
So let's get started!
Best Budget Option
Most Pet Accessories
- The vacuum is lightweight as it only weighs 8 pounds
- It has LED lights that illuminate dark areas
- Can also help with the cleaning of the ceilings
- Has a long power cord(32 foot)
- Its bin is easily adjustable hence easy to empty when full
- Requires manual support to stand
- Its long power cord makes it cumbersome when you want to do quick cleanups
- It lacks a HEPA filter
- Its dirt cup is small and has to be emptied frequently
More About The Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light
This versatile vacuum cleaner is manufactured by Shark. It is ultra-light which enables users to move it anywhere around the room extremely easily. The Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light is also fitted with LED lights that make it much easier to see in hard to reach places.
If upholstery is a concern for you, the Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light has a pet multi-tool which can help get pet hair off of rugs and upholstery which is a great feature for pet owners.
>> Related Content - Best Shark Vacuums For Pets - Read More
This vacuum cleaner also has foam filters that are adjustable and easily washable which is great if you're not looking to spend a ton on maintenance.
This powerful, yet lightweight vacuum is an excellent option for just about anyone, but is best if you value maneuverability and suction power.
- Uses steam hence it is excellent for sterilizing surfaces and is the best for quick cleans.
- Weighs 10 pounds which makes it light and easy to maneuver.
- It has a large tank that can hold enough water to clean large areas
- It is ideal not only tile floors but also for wood and laminate floors.
- fragrance compartment that will leave your home smelling nice
- Small cleaning head means you can get into hard to reach areas
- It cannot be used with hard water as sediments will collect and clog the steamer which could hurt the whole system.
- Vacuum suction isn't as good as larger alternatives
More About The Bissell Symphony
The Bissell Symphony is an incredibly versatile vacuum with a lot to offer. It functions as a vacuum and a steam cleaner all in one. Its size is ideal which saves space that could have been used by a mop, dustpan, or cleaning bucket.
The dual-purpose functionality of the Bissell Symphony makes it a no-brainer for tile floors. Unlike carpets, tile can be vacuumed and steam cleaned at the same time for a better clean.
The Bissell Symphony is a great option if you care about dusting, vacuuming, polishing and sanitizing your floors all at once. Although it does not the strongest suction, it is easily the most versatile vacuum option on this list.
- Cordless, so its easy to maneuver
- Battery offers a cleaning time of about an hour
- HEPA filter eliminates up to 99% airborne particles
- Extremely lightweight
- Has a specific brush for hard floors
- Powerful suction for the price range
- You need to manually change the brush rolls if you want to switch floors
- It is a new product, so it’s difficult to vouch for its long-term performance
More About The Tineco A10 Hero
This vacuum is an all-purpose cleaner. It can clean floors, car seats, and other upholstery in the house, not just your tile.
The Tineco A10 Hero's claim to fame is that is an extremely low priced Dyson alternative. The overall design can be compared to the Dyson V8 or Dyson V10, but it does lack some of the power you'll find in a Dyson.
For the price, this vacuum is one of the most powerful devices as it has the potential to clean various sizes of debris leaving the floors looking clean.
This vacuum can be configured to a handheld, upright, or wand, meaning you can use it to clean everything from your upholstery to your ceiling.
If you're looking for a low priced, but powerful vacuum, The Tineco A10 Hero is a great option to consider. It is strong enough to clean tile, including in your grout, but isn't as expensive as some alternatives.
- Retractible power cord
- Very easy to assemble and use
- The design of the dust canister makes it easy to remove and empty it.
- Comes with pet-specific tools
- Great value for what you pay
- Works effectively on surfaces other than just tile
- Its hose is not very and is not flexible.
- Heavy compared to other alternatives
- If it clogs, it has been found to overheat and shut off.
More About The Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Vacuum
The Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum is a powerful device which cleans stubborn messes using unmatched WindTunnel 3 Technology.
It is a powerful and versatile vacuum that does a great job on hard floors. It also has a rubberized pet tool feature for picking out irritating pet hair from the floor and upholstery.
>> Related Content - Best Vacuums For Pets - Learn More
Convenience is the main feature of the Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum If you have more than just tile in your home one unique thing about WindTunnel 3 Pro is that users can switch swiftly from hard floors to the carpet by a simple press of a button.
With this vacuum, it is convenient to empty dirt from the collecting cup. It has a long power cord that can be rewound easily when cleaning. Its automatic features standout and makes this appliance a great option if you're looking for an intuitive design to help make cleaning easier.
- Automatic retractable cord
- Three brushes that work together to loosen, pick up, and eliminate dirt or pet hair.
- Utilizes scatter free tech for cleaning hard floors
- Has a cyclonic suction system for powerful suction
- Comes with multiple pet-centered attachments
- It lacks a swivel steering
- It requires a manual change of brushes when switching floor surfaces
More About The Bissell Cleanview swivel Rewind Pet
This vacuum presents a solution to your pet hair problem and is versatile for cleaning various surfaces around the home. The Bissell Cleanview is lightweight which makes it easy to steer across the room, and makes cleaning on tile a breeze.
This vacuum has a triple brush roll which helps it to pick up various sizes of debris on multiple surfaces, not just tile. Its design makes it easy to clean edges, corners, stairs, and furniture. The Bissell Cleanview has pet turbo eraser and pet hair corner tools that help keep a house with pets hair free. These tools are great for use on upholstery or rugs.
Why You Need A Vacuum Specific To Tile
Every home requires a vacuum cleaner if the floors are to remain spotless all the time. These devices present advantages over the conventional cleaning methods.
So what's the bottom line?
If you want to save on time, energy, clean stubborn stains, remove pet hair effectively all without spending a ton of money, you need a vacuum that is designed specifically for your needs.
If you have a home with pets and tile, you have unique needs that other people may not have. You don't want to waste your money on accessories or features you don't need. Similarly, you want to make sure the vacuum you choose can clean your floors effectively.
What Should You Look For In A Vacuum For Tile?
When shopping for a vacuum cleaner for your home, you need to take a few things into consideration.
First, you need to make sure the vacuum cleaner you choose is a good value. Like we mentioned before, you want to pay for a quality machine, and not pay for things you don't need. Sometimes a higher price doesn't mean a higher quality vacuum. Be sure to read plenty of reviews of the vacuum you're thinking of getting to make sure it is a good choice.
Secondly, you need to have power. Without power, you won't be able to clean anything. Suction power on tile can be tricky, so make sure the vacuum you choose is highly rated on hard surfaces.
Lastly, for a home with pets, you're going to need upholstery accessories. Many vacuums come with these included, but some do not. Make sure you know what accessories you get when you decide to make the jump and purchase a vacuum for your home.
None of these vacuums doing it for you? Check out our post of the best vacuums of 2018 to see some other great options!
Now it's your turn!
What features do you look for when shopping for a vacuum? What do you think about the vacuums we talked about in this article?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.