Steam cleaners can range in price from just over $100 to well into the thousands. Expensive steam cleaners are great, but we wanted to test out one of the cheaper ones on the market to see if it was worth the money. In this article, we're going to take a deep dive into the entry-level steam cleaner, the Dupray Neat.
Dupray Neat Review
After testing this steam cleaner, overall, we were quite impressed. You get a ton of accessories that you also get with the $900+ models and a lightweight, highly effective steam cleaner in a compact package.
Key Features of The Dupray Neat
Here are some of the essential features of the Dupray Neat steam cleaner you should know before deciding to buy.
- It takes 7 minutes to heat up- This is about the standard, nothing to complain about, but nothing to boast about either. After you press the button, it turns orange, once the steam cleaner is ready, the light on the button turns green, so you know it's ready to go.
- Great accessories - What impressed us most about this steam cleaner wasn't just how it steams, but was honestly how many accessories Dupray decided to throw in with it. You get a lance, which can be used for tight corners, tile grout, and other small spaces, two removable extenders, a triangle tool with bonnet for corner floor cleaning, and a floor tool with 2 velcro covers.
- Uses regular tap water - This is a great feature. With this steam cleaner, you don't need to use distilled or filtered tap water, just throw the reservoir under the sink, fill it up, and you're ready to go.
- Locking spray button - This neat (pun intended) feature is great if you're the type of person to do 20+ minutes of steam cleaning at a time. The steam button comes with a lock feature that keeps the cleaner in "on" mode without you having to press the button down constantly. This is incredibly convenient, so you don't have to keep the button held down continuously.
- Storage features - The unit itself only weighs 9lbs, which makes it easy to move around, and light enough to be stored on a shelf. On the underside of the unit, there's a cable winder so you can wrap the cable neatly under the unit when you aren't using it. It also has a retractable handle, so you have something to grab on when you want to move it but won't take up more space than is needed.
Pros and Cons of the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Closing Thoughts - Is This Steamer Worth The Money?
In short, we were impressed by the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner. For the price, you get an excellent little steam cleaner that packs a lot of power and features into a compact, low-cost package. We would recommend this steamer for anyone looking for a reliable steam cleaner for their home but doesn't have the budget for a higher-end model with more (potentially unnecessary) features.